Sales and Engineering Assistant †
Teak Isle Manufacturing is the premier designer and manufacturer of custom OEM parts for the Marine Industry. Over 200 of the nation’s most well-respected boat builders depend on Teak Isle for their custom acrylic, high-density polyethylene, solid surface, and custom cabinetry. We work closely with the boat company engineering and design teams. This is an opportunity for a technically inclined, motivated individual to join our Orlando, Florida based OEM sales team.
- Assist the OEM Sales Team with follow-through of customer projects
- Manage multiple projects from concept to completion
- Work closely with boat manufacturing engineers and sales teams
- Calculate product prices; part entry into our pricing systems
- Inspect 1st-run prototype parts for accuracy before shipping
- Acknowledge, record, and update engineering change requests
- Assist in planning for trade shows and attending 2-3 shows per year
- Other duties as required
- Good general knowledge of boats and boat components.
- Strong technical aptitude with an engineering background preferred.
- Being technically inclined and interested in mechanical design to help develop innovative new products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with customers, vendors, and coworkers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
† Position is located in the Orlando office and must reside locally (this is not a remote position). Applicants MUST include a personal letter with your resume explaining why you are interested in and qualified for this position.
[updated May 12, 2021]
As a sales representative, you'll be the face of the company. Our reps carry the responsibility of developing new business opportunities without losing the focus on our existing OEM customers. Some travel is required in order to facilitate face-to-face meetings and build solid working relationships with our customers. Position is salary-based with a commission incentive, and offers a competitive benefits package.
- Identify, pursue, and develop new sales opportunities.
- Maintain contact with existing customers on a regular basis to ensure their satisfaction.
- Communicate with our engineering and prototype departments to relay design needs.
- Assist in pricing of new designs and projects.
- Acknowledge, record, and update any change requests in necessary systems.
- Attend and work trade shows.
- Travel, occasionally on short notice; Approximately 15-20%.
- Professional, approachable relationship builder
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced “get-it-done” work environment
- Confident, social leader who "works the room" when given the opportunity
- High work ethic; dedication to customer service and respect for others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in the marine industry; must be able to demonstrate a technical aptitude and know your way around boats and/or boat manufacturing
- College degree is preferred. Some college coursework may be substituted by relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to read/interpret basic product drawings
- CAD and/or engineering experience a plus
- A good driving record
- References within the industry
† Position is located in the Orlando office and must reside locally (this is not a remote position).
[updated Jan 20, 2020]
Customer Service Associate
Interact with customers in response to inquiries about Boat Outfitters products. Responsibilities will include traditional customer service tasks (phone calls, answering e-mails, taking orders) but will also include more complex projects such as helping to design custom products per customers' unique specifications.
This is not an ordinary customer service job. It requires extensive product training, basic engineering competency and excellent organization. It is not a position with repetitive tasks but rather one where you will face unique challenges daily that often require complex thinking and problem solving.
- Professionally handle incoming requests from customers and ensure that issues are resolved promptly and thoroughly.
- Educate and advise the customer when applicable about appropriate products given unique applications.
- Interpret customer requirements, identify engineering challenges and act as a liaison between customer and engineering team.
- Accurately and efficiently place orders into our shopping cart backend systems.
- Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making.
- General interest in boats and boating accessories (extensive boating experience preferred).
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and written.
- Offers will take into consideration your background and related experience
- Normal work hours for this position is Mon-Fri 7am – 5pm (overtime available)
- Nights and weekends are not a normal part of our work schedule.
- Limited travel to industry trade shows may be necessary.
- We offer a generous selection of benefits including paid time off, a 401K plan with company contributions. We contribute heavily towards your selected medical and dental insurance and also provide life insurance coverage.
[updated Oct 20, 2020]
Assistant Office Manager
The Office Manager serves as the primary business contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction. The Office Manager is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality. In addition, the Office Manager should build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities.
- Organizes, directs, and monitors daily activities of front office staff.
- Responsible for all client communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on client deliverables.
- Reviews all aspects to ensure quality standards and client expectations are met.
- Works closely with the Operations in order to maintain a continuous knowledge of project status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the project.
- Ensures that all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are met, and that projects are profitable.
- Aware and in pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business, involving the Executives.
- Communicates the client's goals and represent the client's interests to the team.
- Provides regular two-way communication between the client and team, to provide strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
- Understanding of company capabilities and service, and effectively communicates all offerings to the client.
- Assists in overseeing several departmental processes.
- Maintain Office Records.
- Handle Customer complaints and inquiries and returns.
- Proven Account Management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
- Extremely detail oriented
- Technical competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc)
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- MS office required
- Intermediate Excel Skills required
- Epicor experience is a plus.
- Delegation: Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
[updated Jun 21, 2021]
Purchase raw materials, semi-fabricated parts, and maintenance supplies to assure required materials are on hand to meet manufacturing and maintenance requirements.
- Review MRP generated suggestions, analyze, and make inventory purchases.
- Purchase supplies and equipment from requisitions.
- Process receipts for all purchases, notifying vendor of any discrepancies found at time of receipt (damage, quantity variances, etc.)
- Maintain purchase records, enter and maintain purchase orders.
- Expedite and reschedule purchase orders as necessary.
- Process vendor returns and work with accounting to ensure credit is received for returns. Reconcile and resolve invoice/purchase order discrepancies.
- Source new vendors for new items.
- Negotiate pricing on new and existing products and raw materials.
- Report cost increases and cost savings to Management.
- Oversee MSDS guide to ensure compliance with OSHA recommendations and regulations.
- Inform appropriate department, group leader, and management of product shortages, defects, delays, and any other problem affecting shipments to customers.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High volume of data entry.
- Performs other tasks as directed / required.
- High school graduate required. Post-secondary degree preferred.
- MUST HAVE STRONG EXCEL KNOWLEDGE.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and blueprints.
- Minimum 2 years purchasing experience with an MRP system, Vantage/Epicor preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to check own work.
- Ability to work additional hours as required.
[updated Jun 15, 2021]
Lead a team responsible for processing daily outbound shipments to customers. Receive finished product from numerous internal sources (stockroom, production cells, etc.) and efficiently and accurately processes, package, and ship orders. The role requires collaboration with other key members of our warehouse staff regarding current open orders and operational improvement opportunities. It also requires team building, critical thinking, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Staff, develop and lead shipping department operators
- Identify and address departmental bottlenecks to increase efficiency and on time shipping rate
- Collaborate with key warehouse staff to optimize processes and on time ship rate
- Resolve issues regarding late or damaged orders
- Evaluate and improve packaging SOP’s to optimize costs, time, and customer experience
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment
- High school diploma or GED
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direct supervision
- Experience working in a manufacturing or fulfillment facility
- Strong organizational skills, able to deal concurrently with a variety of projects or issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels in the organization
- Strong leadership skills with at least 2 years of supervisor experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Experienced in E-commerce order fulfillment
- Offers will take into consideration your background and related work experience
- Normal work hours for this position are 7am -3:30pm with occasional overtime required
- We offer a generous selection of benefits including paid time off and a 401K plan with company contributions. We contribute heavily towards your selected medical and dental insurance and provide life insurance coverage
[updated Oct 20, 2020]